February 28, 2011

Danger! High Voltage! VI

Although everybody probably already knows this, I'm still making a post out of it (hey, I'm just a fanboy).
Boris is releasing a shit load of records these coming months. They already released a collaboration with Merzbow titled Klatter and a collaboration between Atsuo and Stephen O'Malley titled Uroborus Circuit. In march they will be releasing New Album and in April Attention Please and Heavy Rocks.
To make things clear, Heavy Rocks will be a new album but with the same title and artwork (in purple) as Heavy Rocks from 2002 and it will have contributions from the following guest artists: Michio Kurihara (White Heaven, The Stars,...), Ian Astbury (The Cult), Kensuke Saito (9dw), Yoshiko Kawakita (D-Day), Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer) and Aaron Turner (Isis, Mamiffer,...).
"The band is bringing back the title because the new album 'seeks to redefine 'heavy' music in a culmination of the band's tireless efforts over the past two decades."

On Attention Please Wata will perform lead vocals for every track and you can already listen to one of those tracks here, and New album is described as an 'extreme pop' record and also has one song available (see below).

5 comments:

TheSilentAstronaut said...

they also have another song "hope" featured in pitchfork. Not liking it very much

Unknown said...

Yeah, there is a link in the text for it. I like Hope more than Party Boy, but I have to admit that although I'm a huge fan, I think that New Album and Attention Please aren't going to be my favorite boris records. On the other hand, Klatter sounds really cool and I'm looking forward for Heavy Rocks. Also, as a fan, I must say that I like the fact that they do these things (might be cognitive dissonance on my part).

Dymon Enlow said...

Thanks a lot for the update.

Dymon Enlow said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?erz3s3885palw1z

new Boris

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot!