May 24, 2008

I Found A Ripped Ear On The Floor/This Must Be Yours...



Band: Boris, Stupid Babies Go Mad
Album: Damaged Split EP(10"), Statement/ Floor Shaker EP(7"), Statement/Floor Shaker EP(12") Re-Mix
Origin: Japan
Genre: Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, Stoner/Psychedelic Rock
Year: 2007-2008

A live review from te Boris show will be up here soon, in the meanwhile some EP's from this magnificent band.

Damaged: This is the collaboration between Boris and Stupid Babies Go Mad( a Japanese Punk Band). It's released on 10" vinyl only, limited to 1500 copies. The cover features a homage to the classic Black Flag logo and it takes it's name from Black Flag's debut album. Both bands cover each other for this release. First track is 'Damaged 4' by SBGM. In it they tear up Ibitsu (from Akuma No Uta) in a very 'In your face' garage punk style. The second track is 'Damaged 3' by Boris. They cover Double Vision (from Let's Go To The Off-Limits). It starts with slow heavy riffing (think Amplifier Worship) which quickly changes to fast paced Pink-Style riffing accompanied by cool Takeshi/Atsuo double vocals and Wata's shredding guitar solos.

Statement/Floor Shaker 7": This is the single by Boris from their newest album Smile. It's Limited to 3000 Copies. The logo on the cover is a tribute to the American black metal band Von. The first song, Statement, is the same as on the worldwide version of Smile. The second song, Floor Shaker, is exclusive to this single. The songs are a bit like the collaboration with Merzbow on which they covered 'I Am The Walrus'. Drenched in fuzzy distortion which is in contrast with the poppy harmonised vocals.

Statement/Floor Shaker 12": This is the Japanese version of the single (just like Smile has a worldwide and a japanese version). Which means that it's also produced/re-mixed by You Ishihara(ex-White Heaven/The Stars). It sounds much cleaner and has a krautrock feeling to it.

6 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

Hiya, this is the guy from For the Greater Good. I added you but I decided not to wait till you had that shoutbox.

Looking good... heavy music for heavy sea mammals. :)

I assume we might know each other from Last.fm, but I can't immediately place you...

Unknown said...

Added you to, don't know you from lastfm, I found you via the anthem of space blog. Shoutbox will be coming up but I'm very busy studying right now for my exams so please be patient...

Charles D. Ward said...

Yeah, I noticed but you beat me correcting my assumption.

Oh sure, first things first. Good luck with your exams!

You like Whodunnits, I saw so in your movie blog. This makes you pretty awesome in my book. My favourites are and will forever be A Touch of Frost and Midsomer Murders. Yay!

Unknown said...

hahahaha, actually that is not my blog, it's a friends blog (different whales) Those are great programs (though I'm a little tired with detectives now).

Charles D. Ward said...

Ah, you didn't strike me as a pink-and-blue type anyway. Detectives can get ponderous and are definitely not for every day, I give you that.

Are you British? I'm not but I've been a bit of an Anglophile since I can remember... strange, because I am against borders and liking certain countries over others as a general rule.

Unknown said...

Haha, Not British, though I like The english a lot!